Farmers' Market Sliders
ACTIVE: 40 minutes TOTAL: 40 minutes
TO MAKE AHEAD: Refrigerate Cajun Mayo (Step 2) for up to 5 days.
Grill up your veggie haul from your weekly shopping trip and pile them on as toppings in
this healthy burger recipe. Bell peppers work well too.
1/3 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons finely chopped dill pickle
1 small clove garlic, finely grated
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning,
such as Old Bay
1 pound 90%-lean ground beef
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1/2 medium zucchini, cut into 6
1/2 medium yellow squash, cut into
6 lengthwise slices
1 small yellow onion, cut into
6 toasted slider buns,
1 medium ripe tomato, cut into 6 slices
6 large basil leaves
1. Preheat grill to medium-high.
2. To prepare mayo: Whisk mayonnaise, pickle, garlic, lemon juice and Cajun seasoning in
a small bowl.
3. To prepare sliders: Combine beef, Worcestershire, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
Form into 6 patties, about 3 inches in diameter.
4. Oil the grill rack. Grill the burgers until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the
center registers 160°F, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Grill zucchini, squash and onion until lightly
browned and tender, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
5. Assemble each burger on a bun with a scant 1 tablespoon of the Cajun Mayo, the grilled
vegetables, tomato and basil.
SERVES 6: 1 slider each
Calories 334, Fat 19g (sat 4g, mono 5g), Cholesterol 54mg, Carbs 22g, Total sugars 5g
(added 3g), Protein 20g, Fiber 2g, Sodium 455mg, Potassium 428mg.
TIP: To oil a grill rack, oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the
rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.)