Mango-Coconut Ice Cream Pie
ACTIVE: 25 minutes TOTAL: 5 hours 40 minutes
TO MAKE AHEAD: Once frozen, wrap airtight and freeze for up to 1 week. Let stand at room
temperature for about 15 minutes before serving.
EQUIPMENT: 9-inch pie pan (not deep dish)
In this healthy ice cream pie recipe, crumbled gingersnaps make an easy and tasty crust
for the mango and coconut filling made with nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt.
2 cups coarsely crumbled gingersnaps
3 tablespoons canola oil
Filling & Topping
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
1 small ripe banana
1 ripe mango
1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
2 tablespoons toasted coconut flakes
1. To prepare the crust: Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
2. Process cookies in a food processor until finely ground. Add oil and process until well
combined. Using your fingertips or the back of a spoon, press the crumb mixture into the
bottom and up the sides of the prepared pan. Bake until just set, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer
to a wire rack to cool.
3. To make the filling: Whip cream in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until starting to
thicken. Add sugar and continue whipping until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in yogurt.
4. Clean out the bowl of the food processor, add banana and process until pureed. Gently
fold the banana puree, mango and coconut extract into the yogurt-cream.
5. Spread the flavored yogurt-cream mixture into the cooled crust. Top with the coconut.
Freeze until very firm, at least 5 hours. To serve, let the pie stand at room temperature
until softened slightly, about 15 minutes, before slicing.
SERVES 8: 1 slice each
Calories 301, Fat 16g (sat 7g, mono 7g), Cholesterol 31mg, Carbs 35g, Total sugars 22g
(added 12g), Protein 5g, Fiber 2g, Sodium 118mg, Potassium 248mg.
TIP: To toast coconut, place coconut in a small dry skillet and cook, stirring often, until golden, about 5 minutes, or spread in a shallow baking dish and bake
at 350°F until light golden and fragrant, 5 to 10 minutes.