TOTAL: 25 minutes TOTAL: 40 minutes
Don’t be tempted to overfill these tasty treats; the filling will spill out of the delicate pastry
crust and burn.
2 eggs, divided
1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1/3 cup granulated sugar, plus 1 tablespoon, divided
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
2/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
2 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
1 tablespoon water
1 17.3-ounce package ( 2 sheets) frozen puff pastry, thawed
Confectioners' sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or greased foil;
set aside. Combine 1 egg, ricotta, 1/3 cup granulated sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl.
Stir in flour and cocoa powder until combined. Stir in walnuts and chocolate.
2. Combine the remaining egg and the water in a small bowl; set aside.
3. On a lightly floured surface, unfold pastry. Roll each sheet into a 12-inch square. Using a
sharp knife, cut each pastry sheet into nine 4-inch squares.
4. Spoon 4 teaspoons of the filling into the center of each square. Brush the edges of the
pastry with egg-water mixture. Fold each square in half diagonally to form a triangle; press
edges to seal. Place the turnovers on the prepared baking sheets.
5. Brush tops with the egg-water mixture and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon granulated sugar.
Bake until golden, about 14 minutes. Before serving, sprinkle the turnovers lightly with
powdered sugar. Serve warm.
SERVES 18: 1 turnover each
Calories 203, Fat 13g (sat 1g), Cholesterol 23mg, Carbs 18g, Total sugars 5g, Protein 4g,
Fiber 1g, Sodium 119mg, Potassium 56mg.