Chicken Parmesan Dip
ACTIVE: 20 minutes TOTAL: 50 minutes
TO MAKE AHEAD: Assemble dip (Steps 2-4) and refrigerate for up to 1 day; let stand at
room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
No breading and frying here! Layer on the cheese and tomatoes using leftover chicken
(or turkey) in this healthy dip recipe.
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 14-ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
11/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, divided
1 cup diced cooked chicken (about 5 ounces)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a shallow 6-cup baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and crushed red
pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until just starting to brown, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in
tomatoes and Italian seasoning and remove from heat.
3. Meanwhile, combine 1/2 cup mozzarella, ricotta and 2 tablespoons basil in a medium
bowl. Set aside.
4. Spread 1/2 cup of the tomato mixture in the prepared baking dish. Top with the ricotta
mixture, then sprinkle evenly with chicken. Spoon the remaining tomato mixture on top
and sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup mozzarella and Parmesan.
5. Bake until bubbly and the cheese has melted, 25 to 30 minutes. Let stand for at least 5
minutes. Serve hot or warm, topped with the remaining 1 tablespoon basil.
SERVES 8: 1/2 cup each
Calories 180, Fat 10g (sat 5g, mono 4g), Cholesterol 41mg, Carbs 7g, Total sugars 3g
(added 0g), Protein 16g, Fiber 1g, Sodium 345mg, Potassium 142mg.