Creamy Mustard Chicken
ACTIVE: 35 minutes TOTAL: 35 minutes
In this healthy, creamy mustard chicken recipe, thin-sliced chicken breasts or cutlets
cook quickly and are delicious smothered in a velvety, light mustard sauce and garnished
with fresh chopped sage.
½ package whole-wheat angel hair pasta ( 7-8 ounces)
4 thin-sliced chicken breasts or cutlets (about 1 pound)
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt, divided
½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 large shallot, finely chopped
½ cup dry white wine
½ cup water
1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage, plus more for garnish
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package
2. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
Place flour in a shallow bowl and coat both sides of the chicken, shaking off any excess.
Reserve 2 teaspoons flour; discard the rest.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken, turning once, until golden brown and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a
4. Reduce heat to medium and add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan. Add shallot
and cook, stirring, until beginning to brown, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add wine and cook,
stirring occasionally, for 1 minute. Combine water with the reserved 2 teaspoons flour.
Add to the pan and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat;
stir in sour cream, mustard, 2 tablespoons sage and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt
and pepper. Return the chicken to the pan and turn to coat with the sauce.
5. Top the pasta with half the sauce, the chicken and then the remaining sauce. Garnish
with more sage, if desired.
Calories 447, Fat 16g, (sat 3g), Cholesterol 69mg, Carbs 42g, Fiber 6g, Total sugars 2g,
Protein 31g, Sodium 456mg, Potassium 367mg, Folate 41mcg, Calcium 60mg.