Mushroom & Pepperoni Pizza Pops
ACTIVE: 30 minutes TOTAL: 45 minutes
What is a pizza pop? Think of it as a mini calzone on a stick. A creative way to shake-up
family pizza night!
1 pound pizza dough, preferably whole-wheat
All-purpose flour for rolling
16 slices pepperoni (about 1 ounce)
8 mushrooms, halved
½ large green bell pepper, cut into 16 pieces (1-inch)
4 ounces smoked fresh mozzarella or smoked Gouda, cut into 16 cubes (1-inch)
1 cup lower-sodium marinara sauce, divided
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon dried oregano or basil
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Cut pizza dough into 8 equal portions. Let rest on a lightly floured surface while you
assemble the skewers.
3. Thread 2 pepperoni slices, 2 mushroom halves, 2 pepper pieces and 2 cheese cubes alternately onto eight 6-inch skewers.
4. Stretch and pat each portion of dough into a rectangle approximately 4 inches by 6
inches. Spread 1½ teaspoons sauce on each portion of dough. Place one skewer on each
piece of dough, wrap the dough around the skewer and pinch to seal. Place the skewers
seam-side down on the prepared baking sheet. Brush with oil and sprinkle with oregano
5. Bake until golden, 15 to 17 minutes. Serve with the remaining marinara for dipping.
Calories 434, Fat 20g (sat 5g), Cholesterol 31mg, Fiber 3g, Total sugars 6g (added 1g),
Protein 18g, Sodium 670mg, Potassium 198mg.
Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 4, loosely cover and refrigerate for up to