1. Heat oven to 350º
2. Beat 2 egg whites till foamy. Add
2/3 cup sugar and food coloring,
beat until stiff.
3. Add chocolated chips and 1 cup
choppped nuts. Stir with spoon.
4. Drop by teaspoons onto cookie
sheet covered with foil
5. Sprinkle with crushed
6. Bake in oven which has been
shut off after preheating for 4-5
hours or overnight. Do not opent the
oven during this time.
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp. Almond extract
- 3-4 drops red or green food
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate or mint
- 1 cup nuts
- crushed peppermint for top
Heather R., Visual Communication Services
Here is the original recipe from the 1960’s that was my mom’s.
We would bake cookies all day and this would be the last one made. “ ”
TIP: Planning on shipping your cookies,
brownies, and candy to far-away friends
and family this holiday season? Read
our tips for packing and shipping holiday
treats. LEARN MORE!